Don’t panic. With a little patience you will probably be able to resolve it yourself.
- Check to see if the course is full – if so, look for another section.
- Check to see that you have the required pre-requisite. For instance, you need either BIOL 111 or Biology 11 or 12 to register in BIOL 112. If you don’t have high school Biology, register for BIOL 111 in term 1, and BIOL 112 in term 2.
- Make sure you aren’t trying to put two courses in the same timeslot. This includes waitlisted courses.
- If you are still not able to register, check out the helpful information pages departments have provided:
- Chemistry Registration FAQ
- Computer Sciences Courses & Registration
- Math Registration Issues
- Physics First Year Guide and Registration FAQ
If your registration problem is still not solved, and it is NOT due to a full course, consult your Enrolment Service Professional (ESP) or the Science Information Centre. As noted above, we can’t put you in a course if it’s full; however, if you’ve encountered another difficulty that is not resolved with the above steps, connect with us right away.
BIOL 140 is offered in Term 1 and in Term 2. In Term 1 the focus is on the Marine Intertidal Ecosystem, while in Term 2 the focus is on the Temperate Forest Ecosystem.
- To register for a seat in this lab-only course you first need to register in the primary section 101 (for Term 1) or 201 (for Term 2). There is no class time associated with the primary section.
- Then you need to choose the lab section that fits into your schedule. We offer multiple classes during each lab time. For example, 1A1, 1A2, or 1A3 are held Monday morning. If all of the classes in your preferred lab time are full, you can either choose another lab time or add yourself to the waitlist (e.g. 1WA for Monday morning).
- Students on waitlists will be moved as soon as spaces become available. Changes in registration occur throughout the summer, so if you are on a waitlist, check your registration periodically to see if you have been moved into a lab section.
- Questions about BIOL 140 registration? Contact Tammy Tromba (tromba.zoology.ubc.ca) before July 10. After July 10, please contact Kathy Nomme (firstname.lastname@example.org).