Don’t panic. With a little patience you will probably be able to resolve it yourself.
- Check to see if the course is full – if so, look for another section.
- Check to see that you have the required pre-requisite. For instance, you need either BIOL 111 or Biology 11 or 12 to register in BIOL 112. If you don’t have high school Biology, register for BIOL 111 in term 1, and BIOL 112 in term 2.
- Make sure you aren’t trying to put two courses in the same timeslot. This includes waitlisted courses.
- If you are still not able to register, check out the helpful information pages departments have provided:
- Chemistry Registration FAQ
- Computer Sciences Courses & Registration
- Math Registration Issues
- Physics First Year Guide and Registration FAQ
If your registration problem is still not solved, and it is NOT due to a full course, consult your Enrolment Service Professional (ESP) or the Science Information Centre. As noted above, we can’t put you in a course if it’s full; however, if you’ve encountered another difficulty that is not resolved with the above steps, connect with us right away.
- Select and register for a “primary section” (denoted by 101 or 201, e.g. BIOL 140 101).
- Register for a lab (in the same term) that fits your timetable (e.g. BIOL 140 1A1)
If there is no room in a lab that fits your schedule, register for the waitlist. (e.g. BIOL 140 1WB). If space becomes available, you will be placed in the lab section automatically. Check your registration regularly to learn if you have been placed.