Earth and Ocean Sciences
Study Earth and Ocean Sciences at UBC
Join Canada's top-ranked science community. You apply online through youbc, but first, we'll run you through a few important things to consider before you begin your application.
About Earth and Ocean Sciences
Earth and ocean sciences spans virtually all aspects of understanding the history and dynamics of our planet, as well as how to best manage its resources and the environment we live in. The field is all about understanding how the earth works, from the core to the atmosphere, and from the distant genesis of our planet to current and future trends in environmental and global issues.
Program detailsEarth and Ocean Sciences offers a major degree for students who have a general interest in the earth sciences but do not intend to pursue a professional career in geological sciences, geophysics or oceanography.
Career options in Earth and Ocean Sciences
With an undergraduate degree
- Air pollution technician
- Air quality meteorologist
- Climate service specialist
- Climatological technician
- Data assistant
- Science journalist/writer
With additional study
- Environmental manager
- Resource manager
- Science journalist
- Soil scientist
- Urban planner
UBC Science Earth and Ocean Sciences Graduates Work With
- Environmental Hydrogeologist, Hemmera
- Geologist, Alamos Gold Inc
- PhD Student in Mining Engineering, University of Quebec
- Research Assistant, Mineral Deposit Research Unit
- Mining & Metals Professional, Golden Predator Corp.