Other than Co-op, there are numerous on-campus job positions for UBC students to build work experience.
Application for winter positions open in August.
- Gain professional experience, earn great pay, and expand your network
- Diverse positions available, including research opportunities
- Flexible hours, based on your course schedule
- Maximum 10 hours per week during the school year, 20 hours per week during summer
Applications open in December
- Residence advisor and coordinator positions available
- Assist students to succeed socially and academically through the implementation of fun, engaging events
- Build leadership skills and other personal and professional skills
Positions available year-round, but more opportunities at start/end of school year
- Alma Mater Society is the official student society representing all UBC undergrads
- Opportunities in commercial, retail, student services, restaurants and eateries
Annual Student Hiring Fair in September; summer jobs also available
- Work at a UBC Food Service restaurant or café
- $11.35 per hour
- Maximum 14 hours/week; Shifts are generally 2-3 hours
- Large database of volunteer/job opportunities year-round, regularly updated
- Notetaker jobs available - get paid to take notes in class!
- Global opportunities available
Applications accepted during late-August and January
- Engage BC youth in science, engineering, and technology
- Hiring instructors, administrators, coordinators and more