Other than Co-op, there are numerous on-campus job positions for UBC students to build work experience.
Apply for winter positions in August. Apply for summer positions in April.
- Work 10 hours/week during school year; 20 hours/week in the summer
- Student jobs on campus, including research positions
- Great pay, average hourly rate of $16
Apply in December
- Residence advisor and coordinator positions available
- Assist students to succeed socially and academically through fun, engaging events
- Build leadership skills and other personal and professional skills
Positions available year-round, but more opportunities at start/end of school year
- Alma Mater Society is the official student society representing all UBC undergrads
- Opportunities in commercial, retail, student services, restaurants and eateries
Annual Student Hiring Fair in August; summer jobs also available
- Work at a UBC Food Service restaurant or café
- $11.35 per hour
- Maximum 14 hours/week
- Shifts are generally 2-3 hours
- Regulary updated database of volunteer/job opportunities
- Notetaker jobs - get paid to take notes in class!
- Global opportunities available
Apply in late-August and January
- Engage BC youth in science, engineering, and technology
- Hiring instructors, administrators, coordinators and more