Three UBC Science researchers have received Human Frontier Science Program (HFSP) grants, which support collaboration among scientists working in different countries.
The UBC Science winners are:
Filip van Petegem, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, will share a Young Investigator Grant with:
- Frank Bosmans, Department of Physiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, US
Douglas Altshuler, Zoology, will share a Program Grant with:
- David Lentink, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University, USA
- Mandyam Srinivasan, Queensland Brain Institute, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Nobuhiko Tokuriki, Michael Smith Laboratories, will share a Program Grant with:
- Florian Hollfelder, Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, UK
- Erich Bornberg-Bauer, Division of Bioinformatics, School of Biological Sciences, University of Muenster, Munich, Germany
The Human Frontier Science Program has awarded $34 million to the 33 winning teams of the 2013 HFSP grant competition. Each team member receives on average $110,000 - $125,000 per year for three years.