UBC Science Basics
Learn about course credits, how the UBC academic year works, and what you should consider when choosing how many courses to take each term.
Structure Your First Year
In first year, UBC Science students can design their own timetable, or pursue the cohort-style Coordinated Science or Science One options. You declare a program specialization in second year.
This guide will help you map out courses for Winter Session of your first year at UBC Science.
- Determine What Courses You Need to Take and When
- Assess the High-School Equivalent Courses You Took
- Personalize Your Timetable with Specific Courses You Need
- Decide on Your Optimum Course Load
- Access Any Advance or Transfer Credits
- Choose Your Electives
- Video: Selecting Courses Based on your High School Classes
You've considered your first-year options, explored program specializations and mapped out your course selection. Now it's time to register.Visit the student services registration guide