Year 2 - 3 Students
For students in Year 2 or Year 3, Degree Navigator will help guide your course planning, but please consult the Science Student Information Centre or your specialization advisor if you think there is an error. Please do not consider it a reliable Graduation Check until your final year. Degree Navigator is not applicable to Integrated and General Science students at this time.
Year 4 Students
For Year 4 students, use Degree Navigator to review your graduation requirements (both faculty and specialization), and then apply for graduation through the Student Service Centre. Degree Navigator is not applicable to Integrated and General Science students at this time.
Year 1 Students
Unfortunately, Degree Navigator is not available for Year 1 students.
Integrated and General Science Students
Degree Navigator is not applicable to Integrated and General Science. Instead, use the UBC Integrated and General Science Graduation Checklist as a relevant tool to check your faculty requirements for graduation.
- Integrated Science students must work with the department to ensure contract requirements are met.
- General Science students should consult the UBC Calendar and the Science Student Information Centre.
How Do I Use Degree Navigator?
- Access your Degree Navigator through your Student Service Centre and take a look at your Degree Navigator report.
- You will see X’s next to the requirements that you haven’t completed.
- Register for some courses.
- Go back to your Degree Navigator report and see how those courses that you are now registered in change your report. Aim to have more checkmarks in your report. You may need to refresh the report by hitting apply or refreshing the page.
- Hopefully you will get as many completed requirements as you want and you can see which credits you’re missing. Change your registration and the report will update automatically. Learn to read your report.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Not all students have Degree Navigator as of yet. We are working to make it possible for all students to use it and we will notify them when it is ready.
All Science undergraduate students have access to and can use Degree Navigator, EXCEPT those in:
You should be viewing the Degree Navigator report you entered after selecting "Audit-UBC Report". You should not be changing the version of your report.
Unfortunately, Degree Navigator does not currently check for minor requirements. Complete the courses on your approved minor application form. If you do not remember the courses you've chosen, please contact the Science Student Information Centre.